Employment History Present Appoinntment:
- In 1983 - Polytechnic Institute, Novopolotsk (Degree: Associate Professor)
- From 1978 to 1980 - Byelorussian Technological Institute, Minsk (Degree:
PhD in Chem. Eng.)
- From 1970 to 1975 - Polytechnic Institute, Novopolotsk (Diploma of Degree
Associate Professor, Chem. Eng. Dept., Polotsk State University
(now in long term vacation), Postgraduate Adviser.
1996 - present: Visiting Professor, Engenharia Biológica
Dept. (SEB/IBQF),University of Minho, 4710-057 Braga, Portugal. Supporting
by numerous EC and NATO grants. Main activity is research in the field of
bioseparation. Application of separation processes with porous media for biomolecules
(macromolecules) segregation. Theoretical and experimental modelling of porous
Membership of Professional Institutions or Societies:
- From 1996 - Present: University of Minho, Braga, Portugal - Associate Professor,
Engenharia Biológica Dept.
- From 1996 - Present: Polotsk State University, Novopolotsk, Belarus - Associate
Professor, Chem. Eng. Dept. (vacation).
- From 1995 - 1996: Polotsk State University, Novopolotsk, Belarus - Vice-Rector
on International Relations.
- From 1993 - 1995: Polotsk State University (former Polytechnic Institute),
Novopolotsk, Belarus - Head of Int. Relations Dept., Associate Professor.
- From 1989 - 1993: Polytechnic Institute, Novopolotsk, Belarus - Associate
Professor, Chem. Eng.Dept.
- From 1988 - 1989: University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA - Visiting Researcher.
- From 1985 - 1989: Polytechnic Institute, Novopolotsk, Belarus - Head of
Chem. Eng. Dept.
- From 1977 - 1985: Polytechnic Institute, Novopolotsk, Belarus - Associate
Professor, Lecturer, Assistant Lecturer, Senior Engineer.
- From 1975 - 1976: Polytechnic Institute, Novopolotsk, Belarus - Senior Engineer.
- American Filtration and Separation Society (AFSS). 1990 - 1998.
- European International Association Technology for Water Resources (TECHWARE),
- Member of the Modern Plastics International Journal Advisory Panel 1993-1994.
- European Association for International Education (EAIE), 1993-1995.
- Water Quality Association, 1994.
- Filtration Society (UK), 1994 - 1998.
- Honorary Diploma of Ministry of Education Rep. Belarus.
- Recipient of the Novopolotsk Polytechnic Institute Scientist of the Year
award (2 times).
- Honour Badge "Inventor of the USSR".
- 1988 -1989 Research grant (University of Houston) sponsored by IREX, USA.
- 1994 Int.Conference on Inorganic Membranes Visiting grant of Int.Sci.Foundation
- 1994 - 1995 Grant of NATO Sci. Fellowships Programme (Technical University
of Crete, Greece).
- 1995 Collaborative grant of German Ministry of Education, etc. (FHT Mannheim,
- 1996 - 2000 Grants of PRAXIS XXI Program (EC), NATO Fellowship Program (University
of Minho, Portugal).
- +20 years experience in chemical engineering research and design including
- Lecturing complete course of "Chemical Engineering" and "Environment
Protection" at the Polotsk University.
- Directed 30+ research and design projects.
- Specific skill areas include:
- Chemical Engineering Research and Design;
- Analysis and Development of New Solid-Liquid Separation Methods and Technique;
- Project Engineering and management;
- Environment Protection Research;
- Waste Water Treatment and Dewatering;
- Suspensions Filtration and Separation;
- New Porous and Filter Media Development.
- 1 book + 4 revues as separated issues;
- 167 printed papers, articles and conference presentations;
- 40 patents USSR and Belarus;
- 31 research project reports.